Ojai Valley Bicycle Coalition began in the summer of 2013 with a group of locals working together to get a bike park built in Ojai and have since become a 501(c)3. Our Board of Directors meets regularly to work on projects such as Bike to School Week, Community Rides, Bike Safety Advocacy and Education, as well as regular effort toward our original mission, to build The Ojai Bike Park.
The Ojai Bike Park proposal has been approved by both the Parks Commission and The City of Ojai, pending a traffic and environmental study, which is currently in the works. We have an army of community members ready and waiting with donations of time, resources and equipment once we get the green light!
What are we up to currently?
- Ongoing work on building The Ojai Bike Park.
- Collaborating with Supervisor Bennett’s Office, The Ojai Valley Green Coalition and The City of Ojai Complete Streets Sub Committee on making The Ojai Valley a safe place to ride bikes.
- Preparing to launch The OVBC Bike Train. A fun and encouraging way for young riders to get to school safely.
- A weekly, teen run, mobile bike garage at Elementary Schools to help kids change flats, tune up bikes, etc…
- Monthly community rides which begin at The Mob Shop. Communities who ride together, live in peace together!
- Designated bike lanes along Grand Avenue, promoting safety and cooperation between cars and bikes.
- Developing a community wide High School Mountain Bike Team.
- Building our membership… JOIN US!